Thursday, February 09, 2017

a tangler's dozen.


It's interesting to me, to look back and see how my drawing style has evolved... as you can see, I was not quite as committed to the tedious task of shading four years ago as I am today. But my friend Alice has just had eye surgery, so I'm doing my part to honor her request for fun stuff to look at upon her return to Tangleville. :o) 














































































































































Speedy recovery, Alice... hope they're comin' in clear! 
*adjusts rabbit ears*

I am actively working on the cruffle variations post I've mentioned a couple of times in the past year. It will be finished sometime this month, and hopefully you will find that it was worth the wait :oD






•  •  •  •  •  •  •

Thanks for stopping by... 
feel free to visit me here!


7 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy, all lovely tiles - were these really done in 2013? You were years ahead of HQ with the 3Z tiles!! Great to see you back here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Linda! I can't take credit since they were given to me, but I do love the idea of different shaped tiles, so I'm glad it went mainstream. These are a little bigger than the 3Z tiles.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic. It's always a treat to see a mass of your work - I love your style.

    Here's a question for you - fourth triangle down, the pattern that fills the centre of the tile - bales type shapes that build to a back and forth feather style look. Is this a known tangle or something of your own invention? I'd love to use it but would like to give appropriate credit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi RR! I think it's mine, but that *was* a few years ago, so no guarantees! I went through the whole tangle patterns guide and it isn't in there...so that's a good sign.

      Delete
    2. I can't recall seeing anything like it either. Great - I'll use it and credit you. Let me know if you decide to name that baby!

      Delete
  3. Gosh, Sandy.....these are all so detailed and beautiful. Love that your style isn't overly busy. Balanced is the word, I think. Love these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha. I love this! Your detail work is spectacular. I admire how your brain works ❤ thank you for my wonderful surprise

    ReplyDelete

• ❃ • ❋ • ❁ • ✿ • ✽ • ❀ •
I have comment moderation turned on to filter out all the spammy flotsam, so submitted comments will not appear until after they squeeze by the spam filter (that would be me). ;o) If you'd like a reply, please email me and I will reply posthaste by pigeon or owl within the month (possibly longer, depending on distance and weather conditions).