Wednesday, June 11, 2014

weekly challenges 170 & 171: bugles & beads of courage

Haven't jumped on the merry bandwagon in a while, so I sat down recently and did a couple of weekly challenges. I couldn't decide to go with color or shading for the Bugles one, so I went with this (it wasn't a total waste; at least next time I'll know what not to do). I'd go back and add a little shading to make this better, but I've spent so much time looking at it today that I'm ready to be done with it. I like the pattern, at least.





...and here are my beads of courage for the Diva's son. He earns one bead of courage for every medical poke and prod and illness and overnighter, and he's got quite a collection going. So, this one's for him.







•  •  •  •  •  •  •

Thanks for stopping by! 
Feel free to join me here
where I frequently share artsy things that inspire me, 
invite tanglers to share art,
crack silly jokes, 
and offer up the 
occasional 
tangle 
prompt. 
:oD

12 comments:

  1. I love how your coloured bugles have turned out! I couldn't get into them at all - mine looked like malevolent bats...
    Your beads for Artoo are beautiful.
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty beads. Your Bugles piece is also great. I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautiful...actually, both of them are. Bugles wasn't easy for me to get inspired, either, and your pattern is very mandala-esque. But the beads are stunning. All the sweet little details...the ladybug!...and each one having a unique design. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just looking through the Diva's links, both of these pieces are beautiful! I like the crisp clean lines of your tangles and how you have used colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful array of beads! And such detail! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful beads - so much tiny detail! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful set of beads - excellent detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beads are stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally LOVE your beads - they are so very gorgeous!! Your bugles are lovely too but I love your beads!!

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2014/06/diva-beads-courage-challenge-entry/

    ReplyDelete

• ❃ • ❋ • ❁ • ✿ • ✽ • ❀ •
I have comment moderation turned on to filter out all the spammy flotsam, so submitted comments will not appear until after they squeeze by the spam filter (that would be me). ;o) If you'd like a reply, please email me and I will reply posthaste by pigeon or owl within the month (possibly longer, depending on distance and weather conditions).